ISVI'S MISSION & OBJECTIVES
The mission of the Illinois School for the Visually Impaired is to serve as a statewide educational resource offering students with visual impairments quality educational services which will enable them to become personally productive and self-sufficient citizens.
The role of ISVI is to provide students who are blind and visually impaired a free, comprehensive educational program commensurate with individual needs and abilities. The school provides students with instruction in the same course work required of all school-aged children in Illinois.
Specialized classes include:
* orientation and mobility
* adaptive physical education
* independent living skills
* vocational education
* adaptive computer technology
Also offered is an extensive range of Objectives. ISVI works closely with parents, local educational agencies, consumers and interested others to ensure that students receive the benefit of the following educationally related objectives:
* individualized instruction.
* participation in all phases of the schools program and campus life.
* participation in activities related to technology.
* promotion of self-confidence and self-respect.
* provision of career education and transition planning.
* participation in self-help activities, independent
mobility and independent living skills.